Writing is like T20 batting. If you block, you might as well retire to the pavilion! -- Pete Langman
Expat in Germany

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Charles Kettering...Life Saver!!

Date: November 13, 2013
Time: 2017 hours
Place: Indiranagar-Kondapur-Miyapur-Linagampally belt, Hyderabad

For the first time in my life, I went out on to a very busy road on gear bike at night! That is not the point. The point is, it was a bloodily-peak traffic time. Yeah, this is routine in Hyderabad but not for me, not on a motorbike! I have been driving gear-less bikes fearlessly on the same roads for many years now and I am quite comfortable in any condition of traffic. But this was very very different!!

The traffic was so severe (or I think I felt it that way!!) that I had no time to even shift gears beyond the first. I could have used the second easily say my friends...I do not know. I had no first hand experience too back then and obviously I had no choice. The bike too had no choice but to keep stopping quite few times!!

Frustrated, it was at this juncture that I told my friend sitting pillion to me, who was as good as I was in driving on such roads, that I would put the picture of the inventor of the SWITCH START!!, whoever it was as my profile picture of my facebook account once I reopen the account after 5 months ( I decided not to open my account from the U.S.Open last year to the Australian Open this year!!)
Gave a kick start to my life with the switch-start!!

Thank You Charles.F.Kettering for inventing the switch start. I know and can tell out of experience what a difference you made to the world!! This is just one of his great inventions! There are many other benefitial things like refrigerants, light weight engines, leaded fuel etc.. I do not care about the other inventions for now and I sincerely thank him for the switch start and hence this picture!
He founded the Delco company and holds close to 200 patents. I hope to become such an inventor cum entrepreneur like him. Of course there is Thomas.Alva.Edison too but he was not my life saver!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment